The 7th Norwegian Conference on the History of Science
Venues, travel and accommodation
Oslo is easily reached by air, sea, railway, bus, or car. All major airlines offer daily direct flights, which connect Oslo to main European cities. For more information on how to get here, please follow the links below:
- Airport information: OSL
- From Airport to downtown Oslo: Train, Coach
- Railway information: NSB
- Local transport in Oslo: Trafikanten
Wednesday 14 November, 19.00-21.00: Wine Reception at The Astronomical Observatory, University of Oslo (Observatoriegata 1 (near Solli plass, a 10-15 minute walk from the city center))
How to get there:
- Tram no. 12 and 13 (Stop: Solli),
- Tram no. 19 (Stop: Inkognitogata)
- Bus no. 30 (Stop: Solli)
- Bus no. 31 (Stop: Solli)
- Bus no. 21 (Stop: Lapsetorvet)
Thursday 15. November: The Norwegian Museum of Science, Technology, Industry and Medicine. The museum is located at Kjelsåsveien 143 north of the city center.
How to get there:
- Red bus number 54, “Kjelsås”, leaves from Jernbanetorget in front of the Central station to the museum. Stop: Kjelsås station (last stop). The trip takes appr. 28 minutes.
- Blue tram, number 11, “Majorstuen – Kjelsås”, and number 12, “Majorstuen – Kjelsås” both leave from Jernbanetorget (Europarådets plass). Stop: Midtoddveien (last stop). It is a short walk from the entrance to the museum.
- Train L3 (direction Jaren) and R30 (direction Gjøvik) from Oslo S to Kjelsås (13 min).
Friday 16. November: University of Oslo: Georg Sverdrups hus at Blindern campus. The campus can easiest be reached by metro (t-bane) line 4 or 5 to Blindern station. See map of Blindern campus: https://www.uio.no/english/about/getting-around/areas/blindern/
For Accomodation options and things to do, please visit the official travel guide: Visit Oslo.